Take the first step -
**Important** - After you fill out the card, you will receive a confirmation email from Adobe. You must go to that email and click the link that says “Confirm my email address” to verify your signature and complete this last step, or your form will not go through.
Why groups are choosing MGEU
Strength to Stand Up for You
The MGEU is one of the largest, strongest, and most
vocal unions in the province with experience fighting back against government
policies and standing up to employers.
- Top notch negotiating and servicing, with full-time, dedicated staff representatives right here in Manitoba who are ready to help.
- Unbiased representation that is fully independent from your employer – your best interests are our focus when representing and negotiating for you.
- Expert specialists in Winnipeg dedicated full-time to helping members with workers compensation claims, pensions, benefits, and health and safety issues.
- In-house lawyers focused on serving members and winning arbitration cases.
Your Dues Work for You
MGEU members pay amongst the lowest
dues in Manitoba. With a guaranteed dues rate of 1.25%, this amounts to
just over $16 a pay cheque on a $35,000 annual salary (and your dues are tax deductible). In
return, MGEU members receive unparalleled service and support.
- A strike/defense fund of more than $31 million, exclusively for the benefit of members here in Manitoba.
- A Member Resource Centre to quickly answer your questions about your contract, MGEU policies, events, meetings, and workplace issues. No other Manitoba union can match this level of service to its members.
- Membership education specialists who ensure MGEU activists have the skills and knowledge to stand up for members in the workplace.
- A team of communications specialists to research the issues, keep members up-to-speed, and tell your side of the story in the news.
From the Union President to the Local President, all MGEU
representatives are elected by MGEU members, not appointed. You also have a
say in your next contract by voting on the priorities that go to the bargaining
table and electing your MGEU Bargaining Committee (consisting of the Local
President and Chief Steward as well as a cross section of other elected
members) that represents you.
- A central-funding structure that gives every Local, big or small, the same access to resources.
- Democratic Local representation – your Local elects its own executive every two years.
- A voice within the union – every Local elects delegates to attend the MGEU Convention and make decisions regarding the union’s overall policies and direction.