New Member Orientation
Welcome to the MGEU!
Find out what it means to belong to the MGEU
Got an MGEU membership card? Then you’re officially an MGEU member. You're part of a strong and successful union committed to:
- building fair and healthy workplaces;
- championing quality public services; and
- working with charitable groups to help improve the quality of life in our communities.
(Don't have a card yet? Get one now!)
You’ll find your fellow members in every corner of the province ― in hospitals and highway crews, classrooms and office buildings (Learn more about who we are and what we do).
The MGEU is democratic, and depends on members willing to take an active role. That’s why we invest in second-to-none training and life-long learning opportunities for those willing to step up and become an MGEU activist. At the same time, all members have access to a host of professional experts dedicated to defending your interests at work.
Your Union at Work
- We bargain the best deal possible
- We invest in leadership
- We help deal with problems at work
- We advocate for our rights and interests
Important Links for New Members
- Find your Local / Contract
- Bargaining for Beginners
- Our leadership
- MGEU post-secondary scholarships and bursaries
- MGEU member discounts
Your Union Dues at Work
Every pay cheque, you and every other MGEU member contribute 1.25% of your salary. As a result, you have access to rights, resources and expertise that you could never afford on your own. Every time you pay dues, you’re buying collective strength and peace of mind.