- Latest News
- Find Your Local/Contract
- New Member Orientation
- At The Bargaining Table
- Member Discounts
- Meetings/Events Calendar
- The Source
MPI contract vote set for January 8 - 30
Dec 20, 2012
After receiving a new offer from MPI management on December 6, the MGEU bargaining committee, representing roughly 1,700 MPI members, has established the schedule for the ratification vote to take place between January 8 and 30.
The committee is recommending acceptance of the new four-year contract offer (effective 2012 – 2016).
The 5 new additions to the previous offer:
1. A Health and Well-Being spending account of $300 annually, instead of $250.
2. Expanded bereavement leave to include immediate “step” family members, eligible for 5 days of leave.
3. The market supplement for I.T. employees will be maintained for the life of the contract, rather than only 2 years.
4. The market supplement for the Medical Fitness Administrators (nurses) will be maintained for the life of the contract, rather than being decreased by 1.5%.
5. If overtime scheduled for a day of rest is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, two hours of overtime, at a rate of 1.5 times, will be paid. The original offer provided one hour of overtime.
The original MPI offer (in contract language)
5 new additions to the original offer (in contract language)
December 2012 - MPI Contract Offer Fact Sheet