At the Bargaining Table
UPDATE RE: BARGAINING PROPSOAL MEETINGS AND MGEU RESPONSE TO COVID-19 PANDEMICThe MGEU is committed to serving its members through the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, while following the guidance of public health officials. That is why the MGEU is taking precautionary steps and making some adjustments to how we serve members until the COVID-19 threat recedes.
As of March 16, all bargaining proposal meetings are postponed until further notice.
Risk mitigation measures will be worked out with employers for any future bargaining meetings. Our preferred approach will be to conduct bargaining meetings by teleconference or videoconferencing. If a bargaining meeting must proceed in person MGEU will insist on strict risk mitigation measures (see below).
Risk mitigation measures for any meetings that proceed will include:
- Assessing if the meeting can be delayed before it is scheduled;
- Assessing if the meeting can be conducted by phone or video conferencing;
- Notifying all participants that they should not attend if they have any symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath) or meet the other public health criteria for self-isolation (those who have returned from international travel within the past 14 days or those who have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19);
- Reminding all participants to practice proper cough etiquette and hand hygiene, and having alcohol-based hand sanitizer available;
- Booking larger meeting rooms set up to allow for social distancing techniques.
If you have any questions about how these changes to MGEU meetings and events may affect you, please contact the MGEU Resource Centre.
Is your Local / Component currently in negotiations? Here’s a round-up of what's happening with all MGEU Locals and Components who are preparing for negotiations or are currently at the bargaining table.
Bargaining BriefsSort by Date
- Jun 18, 2020 - Addictions Foundation of Manitoba - Locals 116-120, 378
- Jun 18, 2020 - ALS (Australian Lab Express) Canada - Local 166
- Jun 18, 2020 - ANCR (All Nations Coordinated Response) - Local 365
- Jun 18, 2020 - Beacon Hill Lodge - Local 80
- Jun 18, 2020 - CEDF (Community Economic Development Fund) - Local 154
- Jun 18, 2020 - Child and Family Services Central Support - Local 265
- Jun 18, 2020 - Child and Family Services Western - Local 211 and Emergency Placement Resources (EPR) Local 450
- Jun 18, 2020 - Civil Service - Components 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Jun 18, 2020 - Deaf Centre (DC) Cafe - Local 204
- Jun 18, 2020 - Deaf Centre MB - Local 203
- Jun 18, 2020 - Falcon Lake Golf Course - Local 356
- Jun 18, 2020 - Golden Door Geriatric Centre - Local 87
- Jun 18, 2020 - Government Community Workers Locals 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256 and 258
- Jun 18, 2020 - Kinosao Sipi Minisowin Agency Inc. (KSMA) - Local 448
- Jun 18, 2020 - Knowles Centre - Local 172
- Jun 18, 2020 - Knowles Centre (SAIL) - Local 432
- Jul 05, 2020 - Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba - Locals 425 and 426
- Jun 18, 2020 - Manitoba Agricultural Services Corp - Locals 359-362
- Jun 18, 2020 - Manitoba Horse Racing Commission - Local 146
- Jun 18, 2020 - Manitoba Housing - Locals 127-132
- Jun 18, 2020 - NCN Family and Community Wellness Centre Inc. - Local 358
- Jun 29, 2020 - Patient Transport Services - Local 451
- Jun 18, 2020 - Poseidon Care Centre - Local 81
- Jun 18, 2020 - Riverwood Square - Local 380
- Jun 18, 2020 - Society for Manitobans with Disabilities - Local 262
- Jun 18, 2020 - Southeast Child and Family Services - Local 395
- Jun 18, 2020 - SPIKE (Special People In Kildonan East) - Local 266
- Jun 18, 2020 - St. Amant Inc. (Community Residential Programs) - Local 178
- Jun 18, 2020 - St. Amant Inc. (Support) - Local 92
- Jun 18, 2020 - St. Norbert Personal Care Home - Local 368
- Jun 18, 2020 - Travel Manitoba - Local 355
- Jun 21, 2020 - YWCA Thompson Residence Inc. - Local 179