MGEU now accepting 2018 Prairie School for Union Women Applications
Feb 07, 2018
The 22nd Prairie School for Union Women is taking place June 10 – 14, 2018 in Waskesiu Lake, Saskatchewan and the MGEU is sending up to eight MGEU women to help learn, share, and develop their personal and leadership skills.
Hosted annually by the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour, the Prairie School for Union Women offers an intensive four days of learning that helps build solidarity among union women in an educational, supportive environment.
The MGEU will send up to eight women and will cover their registration, transportation costs, and time off. Members must apply and be accepted by the MGEU before registering with the SFL for the school. Applicants must be an active, dues-paying MGEU member in good standing and must apply by submitting a letter of application (1 – 3 pages in length) to the MGEU that includes the following:
• Elected positions and other activist experience in the MGEU;
• Membership Education courses completed;
• Women’s Conferences attended (MGEU, MFL, CLC, NUPGE);
• Goals as a woman leader within the MGEU;
• Reason(s) for interest in the Prairie School for Union Women; and
• How what is learned at this school will be brought back to the MGEU.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously attended this school.
The deadline for applications to the MGEU is Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or mailed to:
601 – 275 Broadway
Attention: Bonny Neal