November 6, 2018 is Community Social Service Workers Appreciation Day – a day to recognize the important contributions these workers make to help Manitobans in our communities.
The day, first recognized a decade ago, was proclaimed this year by the Manitoba Government. It highlights the critical services these Manitobans provide to improve the quality of life for others.
From helping adults, youth and children with disabilities to providing a safe place for someone fleeing domestic violence, these caring professionals provide a wide-range of community supports to help our most vulnerable Manitobans.
“These folks are on the frontlines against poverty, addictions and homelessness. They make a huge difference in people's lives and that’s why we take this day to thank them for the great job they do. Today we recognize these hard-working Manitobans who care to make a difference each and every day,” said MGEU President, Michelle Gawronsky.
The MGEU represents about 2,000 CSS workers across the province, including those from more than 30 Locals within the union’s Community-Based Social Services Component.
Component 19: Community-Based Social Services
- Local 136: Main Street Project
- Local 139: Project Neecheewam
- Local 142: Career Connections
- Local 155: COR Enterprises Inc
- Local 157: Tamarack Rehabilitation
- Local 160: Willow Place
- Local 170: Parkland Crisis Centre
- Local 171: YWCA Westman Women's Shelter
- Local 172: Knowles Centre
- Local 178: St Amant Community Residential Program
- Local 179: YWCA Residence Inc
- Local 180: Parkland Res & Voc Services Inc
- Local 211: CFS Western Manitoba
- Local 212: Family Dynamics Office Staff
- Local 214: Family Dynamics Community Staff
- Local 221: Macdonald Youth Services Crisis Stabilization
- Local 264: CFS Central Manitoba Supervisors
- Local 265: CFS Central Manitoba Support
- Local 266: Special People in Kildonan East
- Local 301: Elizabeth Fry Society of Manitoba
- Local 303: Family Visions
- Local 353: Sara Riel Inc
- Local 358: NCN Family & Community Wellness Centre
- Local 365: ANCR
- Local 369: Macdonald Youth Services APHP
- Local 376: ROSE
- Local 383: Metis CFCS, Area 6
- Local 384: Michif CFS, Area 2
- Local 385: Michif CFS, Area 1
- Local 394: Metis Child & Family Services Authority
- Local 395: Southeast Child & Family Services
- Local 422: Michif CFS, Area 3
- Local 424: YWCA Meredith Place Residence
- Local 439: End Homelessness Winnipeg
- Local 443: Animikii Ozoson Child & Family Services