With all public health restrictions in Manitoba now lifted, the MGEU has made a number of changes to the union’s internal COVID-19 protocols, while continuing to take a cautious approach for the safety of members and staff. The following protocols for MGEU meetings, approved by the Board of Directors, are now in effect:
- All meeting participants and visitors to MGEU offices are required to follow the current Manitoba public health recommendations for self-isolation, and to not attend an MGEU meeting or office if they meet the criteria (these include experiencing symptoms or testing positive for COVID-19). Participants should use this self-screening tool before attending.
- While MGEU continues to provide telephone and videoconferencing tools for virtual meetings, in-person meetings may be held if they follow these In-person Member Meeting Protocols. Meeting Chairs are encouraged to consult with attendees before determining if the meeting should be held in-person or virtually. If the Chair selects an in-person meeting, the meeting may only proceed if the following risk-mitigation protocols are in place and are communicated to attendees on the meeting notice:
- All participants will self-screen for symptoms, and will not attend if they meet the screening criteria.
- All participants are required to wear a KN-95 mask (provided by MGEU) unless seated and distanced (2m).
- Meeting rooms must have seating arranged to facilitate at least 2m physical distancing.
- The official public health recommendations at the time of the meeting will guide members who have tested positive for COVID-19 regarding when they may attend any MGEU office, meeting, or event.
As the pandemic situation in Manitoba changes, or if new public health restrictions are enacted, the MGEU may make additional adjustments to its COVID-19 protocols.
If you require additional information about meetings or another issue, please contact us.
This update was posted on March 17, 2022. We encourage
you to visit the MGEU's
COVID-19 Information page for the latest information.